visit us

400 n river street, ypsilanti, MI, 48198
734-441-6200

HOURS

thursdays 6PM – 12PM
fridays & saturdays 6pm – 1am

Built in 1861, the building started as a hotel & storefront– soon after completion the Civil War began & the building became the Barracks for Civil War enlistees, including the first Michigan Colored Infantry. After the war, the Thompson family bought the building & it became known as Thompson Block. Throughout the years, the building thrived & was home to many different businesses. In 1950, the Thompson family closed their doors & put the building up for sale. Businesses came & went but ultimately the building was left to rot.

 

Now home to Thompson & Co. & Mash Bar, we strive to create a place for community to meet. Our beverages draw inspiration from southern style cuisine. With a brew for all palates & personailities, as well as wine & cocktails that are approachable & fun. We treat every person who walks through the doors as if they are a guest in our home.

LOCATION

400 n river street, ypsilanti, MI, 48198

734-441-6200

HOURS

thursdays 6PM – 12PM
fridays & saturdays 6pm – 1am